Do you have space in your heart to (temporarily) welcome a pet in need into your home? If so, please consider becoming a foster for one of our adorable adoptable pets – it’s one of the most direct ways you can help an animal.
Fostering is a selfless act of compassion. It saves lives while freeing up shelter space so another pet can have a second chance! Fostering also:
- Provides a safe, nurturing place to recuperate if a pet is recovering from surgery, illness, or injury
- Provides the time the pet needs to be ready for adoption
- Allows time for behavior assessments to be completed outside of a stressful environment
- Allows time for a pet to destress to prevent cage aggression or withdrawal
- Allows time for the pet to socialize with people and other pets
- Provides quality time with a pet allows its true personality to shine through
What’s the benefit of fostering?
- It provides an opportunity to “sample” different kinds of pets
- There’s always something to do with your foster from cuddling to playing fetch
- Seeing a pet blossom is such a rewarding feeling
- Fostering may encourage others to open their homes to a pet in need
- Fostering helps prevent the euthanasia of healthy, adoptable pets
- Some foster-related expenses may be tax-deductible
If you’re ready to make a hands-on difference in the life of a homeless pet, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com